Animal physical rehabilitation is the trending topic in the USA. In SA the Veterinary Act was amended in December 2017 to include a new profession known as Veterinary Physiotherapy. Animal Health and Hydro has been in existence since 2009 and has expanded and grown considerably in the past decade. What are the advantages of partnering with our business?
- Up-to-date therapies. All veterinarians and therapists are continuously and consistently adding to their physical rehabilitation repertoire. Many of the courses and training occurs overseas and as such, it is current and applicable.
- Veterinary input. AHAH prides itself on making veterinarians available for consultation and treatment that have honed their skills in veterinary physiotherapy as well as management of pain in our companion animals. This is a very specific skills set and range of experience not readily garnered in small animal private practice.
- Appropriate training for in hospital team members. Physiotherapy forms part of the scope of practice of veterinary nurses. AHAH offers in house training on basic skills and modalities which will greatly enhance post-operative recovery of your patients. The sooner a patient becomes mobile, the happier is the client/guardian. Call us to tailor make a in-house training programme for your team at your Veterinary Practice.
- Spearheaded by Dr. Tanya Grantham who is driven to make a difference every day in the lives of her animal patients, and her human clients. She has a passion for education of the veterinary team, the pet-owning public and all operational staff in order to bring about individual (and vet practice) empowerment. These products include CPD talks, guest lectures on numerous topics, in-house training, workshops for the veterinary team as well as for the pet-loving public, magazine articles, guest appearances on radio shows and volunteering time and skills to numerous animal welfare organisations.
- An opportunity to become associated with AHAH within your own practice. AHAH is able to tailor-make a franchise option which will serve your needs and those of your clients. AHAH was a 702 Small Business Award finalist in 2016, and received an award for The Most Innovative Business from Business Excellence Forum and Awards also in 2016.
- Ongoing veterinary physiotherapy training. Students from EquineLibrium College of Veterinary Physiotherapy in Plettenberg Bay (and the institution which has formulated a four year degree program for veterinary physiotherapy) are required to complete clinical blocks in their 3rd and 4th years of study. AHAH is dedicated to supporting the new profession and as such has made itself available for student training.