Thanda Inja Underwater Treadmill Challenge
Animal Health and Hydro are very excited to announce Our 2017 Fundraising Initiative.
How can you get involved?
- Run for charity in our Client Competition
- Bet for charity in the In-House Competition
- Sponsor for charity by donating prizes
Once you have decided simply complete the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Are you interested in competing in the amazing challenge? Do you want to know what it feels like to walk or even run in the underwater treadmill. We dare you to make the pledge! Challenge your friends and family! Will you let the dogs make it look easy?
If you would like to part of this amazing event or would like to know more about competition please feel free to drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call on 083 230 2188.
Support an AHAH team member to win. Place your bets! The more bets you make there is a higher chance that you can win. Yes you can win! We will also be holding a raffle of the the winning members “sponsor sheet”. And of course you can back more than one member!
We are getting into shape and the heat is on! Don’t miss out on this amazing race!
If you would like to part of this fun-filled but highly competitive event or would like to know more about this competition pleas
We are very excited to announce Our 2017 Fundraising Initiative.
Animal health and Hydro will be hosting an underwater treadmill challenge. There are two parts of this challenge the first is where members of the public can have a chance to run in our underwater treadmill and the second is an in-house competition where the public can bet on a member of AHAH to win. This is all in the aid of charity.
Pug Rescue’s Thanda Inja Project.
We are looking for some amazing people to help sponsor this event for prizes for our participants.
Every participant will pay a donation fee to compete in the treadmill (this will go to Thanda Inja). The aim of the competition is to sustain the highest speed for a minute. There will be one winner and two runners up.
We will also be holding a raffle for the clients who have placed bets on our in house competition.
In return we provide the following:
- You will get a mention on social media
- You will be mentioned on all the marketing build up to the competition
- The sponsor will receive a 1 x massage for their dog
If you are wanting to donate a prizes or make a contribution of towards our raffle, and would like to know more about competition please feel free to drop us an email (email@example.com) or give us a call on 083 230 2188.
- 1 x First Prize
- 2 x Runners up
- Firstly, if you are going to try out our underwater treadmill, make sure that you are well (ie no sniffles, muscle or bone niggles, communicable diseases, or ‘flu). The challenge is going to be fairly strenuous, so make sure you are fit enough to run, in water, on a treadmill for about 7 minutes or so. If you have a heart condition or suffer from asthma, make sure you have your General or Special Medical Practitioner’s okay. You will be required to sign a release form before you participate.
- The cost is R100 for a single entry, each person gets only one entry;
- Design related restraints of the Underwater Treadmill mean that we have to implement a 100kg weight limit, we have a scale and are not afraid to use it;
- You will be allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to get up to your fastest rate (in km per hour);
- You will then need to maintain that speed for 1 minute;
- Your speed will then be entered onto our Challenge leaderboard for other participants to compete with;
- The water will be kept at the same level for all participants, and will be changed every hour to maintain the same temperature;
- We will be able to accommodate between 6-8people an hour, so numbers are going to be limited;
- If you wish to pre-book your ‘slot’ on the treadmill it will be reserved on receipt of your entry fee, alternatively, we can take cash on the day, and you will be allocated whatever is (still) available.
- If you are going to support our Team Members by placing bets on their results, the following terms and conditions will apply:
- You can ‘bet’ for one or more of our Team participants;
- Your bet will relate to their highest speed;
- You can buy a number of bets at R25, each of which will entitle you to one entry in the draw, should your bet be placed on the winning Team member ;
- We will be asking for a minimum of R25 per bet. You are welcome to pledge a higher amount, should you so desire. Alternatively you may purchase 5 tickets for R100;
- Team members will be allowed a maximum of 5 minutes to get up to their fastest rate (in km per hour);
- Team members will then need to maintain that speed for at least 1 minute;
- Their speed will then be entered onto our Team leaderboard for other Team members to compete with;
- The winner will be the Team member who achieved the fastest speed;
- The Betting prize will be determined as follows:
- The winning Team Member’s betting sheet (with your details on, should you have sponsored him/her) will be entered into the draw;
- The individual names of the people who placed bets will be put into a hat and the winner drawn from the hat at the end of the day;
- The Betting Prize will be handed out at the end of the day.
- All decisions made on the day will be final, and all prizes handed over on the day.
- Betting will be payable, either in cash on the day or via eft in the week prior to the challenge.
All that is left is to join us on the day, and encourage your Team Member – with vigour!
Runel Joubert of Deo Gloria Manufacturing Jewellers in Sunward Park has made a substantial donation towards the prizes on offer at our Thanda Inja Fundraiser to be held on 24th June 2017 at Animal Health and Hydro. Runel’s jewellers are able to remodel outdated jewellery, repair settings, design special pieces (including engagement rings) as well as supply diamonds to her customers. When you want to spoil that special someone in your life (or yourself) please give Runel a call on (011) 913 3743.